Updated Mar 19, 2014 - 3:14 pm
John Wrenn to retire post as ASU director of football operations
"I am forever indebted to John Wrenn for his counsel, direction and vast institutional knowledge during my transition to ASU," Graham said in a statement. "When I arrived John was tremendous in helping me learn the landscape of the football program at ASU. I leaned on John heavily for advice and guidance throughout my tenure here and he never steered me the wrong way. He was the single-most important facilitator in getting us back to Camp Tontozona and he spearheaded the football offices Wall of History project. His valuable insight, smile and contagious personality were valuable assets around the entire athletic department. John exemplified the essence of 'Speaking Victory' each and every day."
Prior to his work at ASU, Wrenn was the first head coach at Hamilton High School in Chandler, where he posted a 91-11 record and won two state championships in eight years.
"I'd like to thank the Sun Devil nation and all of the athletic programs for the treatment and the love they showed me at ASU," said Wrenn. "ASU was a tremendous place to work and I enjoyed every minute of it. From the President to the Athletics Directors and through the entire university there are great people. I was very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to work for such a class institution. I promised my family when I reached the age for retirement that I would spend more time with them, which includes my grandchildren. I want to enjoy them and be there for them and that is what I am going to do."
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Taylor Kelly, D.J. Foster and Jaelen Strong named best offensive 'triplet' in the Pac-12
- Four-star DT Dalvon Stuckey not enrolling at ASU because of academics
- Adam Archuleta: ASU's Taylor Kelly not elite, but a 'baller'
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?