ASU to return to Camp Tontozona in August
ASU announced Monday that the team will hold their preseason football practices and annual scrimmage game on the Payson, Ariz., campgrounds from August 12-16.
Head coach Todd Graham and the ASU athletic administration successfully campaigned to take the team back to Camp T in 2012, the first time since 2008. The White Mountain Alumni Chapter Board, volunteer and sponsors took the lead and helped to make the return a reality with a matching donation program.
"I've stated many times that I love the traditions of college football," Graham said. "Camp Tontozona for ASU is one of those iconic traditions. I want to take my teams to Camp T because that is where the tradition and the season begins. Coach Frank Kush had a vision and it worked out very well. I want to perpetuate that tradition."
Just 12 days following the scrimmage game, ASU opens the 2014 season at home against Weber State.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.