Updated Apr 22, 2014 - 10:43 am
Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
The former Arizona State University standout, who led the Sun Devils to the Rose Bowl, had an interview with the Cardinals the day after 9/11, saying how much he respected those who served in the military.
Tillman left the NFL soon after to join the Army. He officially enlisted in 2002.
He was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan at the age of 27 but that fact wouldn't come out immediately. At the time, the Bush administration said Tillman had been killed by Taliban fighters.
On Saturday, Tillman's widow, her new husband and tens of thousands of people will take part in the 10th Annual Pat's Run to benefit the Pat Tillman Foundation scholarship program.
During his time at ASU, Tillman was the Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Year. He also graduated in less than four years with a degree in marketing while maintaining a 3.85 GPA. He was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2010.
- Report: Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.