Arizona Cardinals GM talks about ASU's Will Sutton and Carl Bradford
Both defensive lineman Will Sutton and linebacker Carl Bradford are expected to be drafted at some point over the three-day event, likely in the second or third rounds.
Speaking at the team's Tempe training facility Thursday, Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim talked about the ASU stars.
"Will Sutton, to me, is a very talented guy," Keim said. "He's more of a 4-3 under tackle. Squatty, explosive, has the ability to penetrate and be a one-gap player. More quick than fast."
Sutton, the two-time Pac-12 Pat Tillman Defensive Player of the Year, accumulated 37 tackles for loss and 17 sacks over the last two seasons. His weight fluctuated and that brought questions about his motivation and readiness, but there is little denying the man's talent and ability.
"I think he's the kind of guy that has to fit in a certain type of scheme, but he certainly has a lot of value in our league," Keim said.
Then there's Bradford, a junior who is tallied 142 total tackles -- 39.5 of which were for loss -- along with 20 sacks the last two seasons.
An excellent athlete, Keim said his versatility is a major strength.
"He can play inside or outside," the GM said, noting that he could fit with the team in a variety of ways. "And he certainly is going to be a good fit on special teams because he plays like his hair's on fire.
"So he's the kind of guy, just from a passion standpoint, that you like."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona State moves up multiple spots in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.