Updated May 10, 2014 - 9:20 am
Former ASU defensive lineman Will Sutton selected by Bears in third round of 2014 NFL Draft
Former Arizona State defensive tackle Will Sutton was taken by the Chicago Bears with the No. 82 overall pick in the third round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
A three-year starter in Tempe, Sutton was force to be reckoned with during his time in maroon and gold.
The 6-foot-1, 288-pound lineman capped a tremendous collegiate career with 161 total tackles, 45.5 tackles for a loss, 20.5 sacks, nine pass deflections and four forced fumbles.
During his breakout junior campaign, in which he recorded a career-high 23.5 tackles for a loss and 13 sacks, he was not only the conference's top defensive player but a consensus All-American.
The Corona, Calif. became the 11th ASU defensive lineman to be drafted in the last 20 years, joining the likes of Bryan Proby, Shawn Swayda, Vince Amey, Jeremy Staat, Shante Carter, Junior Ioane, Erik Flowers, Jimmy Verdon, Dexter Davis and Lawrence Guy.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!
- Mike Norvell, offensive coordinator ASU football - Tuesday August 12How does coach Norvell feel about ASU's offense heading into camp?