Updated May 10, 2014 - 7:00 pm
ASU, UA bounce back in 2014 NFL Draft
Not a single player from Arizona State or the University of Arizona was selected in last year's draft.
It makes sense -- both programs were at somewhat of a low point, and both were breaking in first-year coaches, which may have led to an attrition of talent the previous season.
But the two schools combined for six draftees this year, and it doesn't look like that number will be declining any time soon.
UA running back Ka'Deem Carey and ASU D-lineman Will Sutton will be teammates in Chicago, while Sun Devils Marion Grice and Carl Bradford were selected by the San Diego Chargers and Green Bay Packers, respectively.
On the UA side, Marquis Flowers was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals and Shaquille Richardson went to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
While the rivalry game itself was lopsided in ASU's favor last season, there's no denying that the talent level as a whole is on the rise. Both rosters have several potential draftees in the coming years, and both are in positions to be competitive in the Pac-12 South division.
And Saturday, in the wake of the draft, seven ASU products signed as undrafted free agents.
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!