Pac-12 to introduce morning kickoff times
The conference announced Sunday that it will introduce an 11 a.m. PT kickoff window during the upcoming season, and Pac-12 Networks will broadcast the games in place of an evening game.
Games that will be played in the new time slot will be announced as the season progresses.
"This is a positive step for Pac-12 fans across the Conference," Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said in a press release. "There has been an adjustment over the last two years with our new television agreement, and we believe fans -- both in our stadiums and in the television audience -- will benefit."
The presidents and chancellors of Pac-12 schools wrote a letter earlier this year stating its intent to address the evolving needs of student-athletes, and among the topics mentioned was the abundance of late-night games played in the conference.
Also brought up in the group's letter was health care for athletes, and the conference announced Sunday that a $3.6 million-per-year research program has been extended for the next three years -- allowing each Pac-12 school to submit proposals regarding ways to "fund product and technology implementation for the betterment of student-athlete health and well-being."
Arizona State opens its 2014 football season by hosting Weber State on Thursday, Aug. 28. The University of Arizona kicks off its season on Friday, Aug. 29 by hosting UNLV.
- Sun Devils ranked 18th in preseason coaches poll
- ASU's Todd Graham: 'This is the best offensive team I've been around'
- ESPN ranks ASU's Taylor Kelly and Jaelen Strong among top 100 players in college football
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.