Pac-12 to introduce morning kickoff times
The conference announced Sunday that it will introduce an 11 a.m. PT kickoff window during the upcoming season, and Pac-12 Networks will broadcast the games in place of an evening game.
Games that will be played in the new time slot will be announced as the season progresses.
"This is a positive step for Pac-12 fans across the Conference," Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott said in a press release. "There has been an adjustment over the last two years with our new television agreement, and we believe fans -- both in our stadiums and in the television audience -- will benefit."
The presidents and chancellors of Pac-12 schools wrote a letter earlier this year stating its intent to address the evolving needs of student-athletes, and among the topics mentioned was the abundance of late-night games played in the conference.
Also brought up in the group's letter was health care for athletes, and the conference announced Sunday that a $3.6 million-per-year research program has been extended for the next three years -- allowing each Pac-12 school to submit proposals regarding ways to "fund product and technology implementation for the betterment of student-athlete health and well-being."
Arizona State opens its 2014 football season by hosting Weber State on Thursday, Aug. 28. The University of Arizona kicks off its season on Friday, Aug. 29 by hosting UNLV.
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- ASU offensive coordinator Mike Norvell in line for head coaching job?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!