ASU, UA stadiums rank 8th, 9th in Pac-12
In the subjective poll, the group of 10 was asked to consider "general atmosphere, fan support, home-field advantage, amenities, tailgating, the surrounding campus and the college town" in its criteria for the ranking.
The full ranking in order is as follows: Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Colorado, USC, Cal, Utah, ASU, Arizona, Stanford and Oregon State (tie) and Washington State.
The poll was highly variable, with ASU ranking as high as fourth and as low as 11th, and Arizona placing between fourth and last.
With new money from television sources such as the Pac-12 Networks, schools can afford to upgrade stadiums in the so-called "arms race" in college athletics.
ASU plans to renovate its stadium and has already removed seats from the north end zone. Cal and Washington each played recent seasons outside their home stadium while it was being worked on. The Wildcats also recently improved their stadium by adding a new video board.
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!