ASU, UA stadiums rank 8th, 9th in Pac-12
In the subjective poll, the group of 10 was asked to consider "general atmosphere, fan support, home-field advantage, amenities, tailgating, the surrounding campus and the college town" in its criteria for the ranking.
The full ranking in order is as follows: Oregon, Washington, UCLA, Colorado, USC, Cal, Utah, ASU, Arizona, Stanford and Oregon State (tie) and Washington State.
The poll was highly variable, with ASU ranking as high as fourth and as low as 11th, and Arizona placing between fourth and last.
With new money from television sources such as the Pac-12 Networks, schools can afford to upgrade stadiums in the so-called "arms race" in college athletics.
ASU plans to renovate its stadium and has already removed seats from the north end zone. Cal and Washington each played recent seasons outside their home stadium while it was being worked on. The Wildcats also recently improved their stadium by adding a new video board.
- Sun Devils preparing for Lobos' triple option
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.