Updated Jul 7, 2014 - 8:38 am
ASU's Jamil Douglas lands on Fox Sports' list of 2014 'freaks'
Feldman released his 2014 list, complete with 20 names, and there's one Arizona State Sun Devil on it.
Offensive tackle Jamil Douglas, a redshirt senior from Cypress, Calif., comes in at number 16.
A former high school tight end, who weighed 260 pounds as a freshman four years ago, Douglas has blossomed into a standout for the Sun Devils and will become a three-year starter this fall. Now, at 6-4 and 301 pounds, he power cleans 385 pounds, squats 565 and has a body fat measurement in the teens, according to ASU coaches.
Douglas was a Second Team All-Pac-12 selection following the 2013 season when he helped the Sun Devils to a 10-4 record and a Pac-12 South title. He's been named as a preseason First Team All-Pac-12 member by Lindy's Sports Annuals and Sporting News and Second Team by Athlon Sports and Phil Steele.
Douglas, who has started 27 consecutive games for the Devils, is one of only two Pac-12 players on Feldman's list. Oregon freshman wide receiver Devon Allen, the NCAA champion in the 110-meter hurdles and a Brophy Prep graduate, was the other.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU head coach Todd Graham in favor of eliminating games against FCS opponents
- Former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter loses congressional primary bid
- Arizona State has plenty of options at the Devilbacker position
- ASU football players to again participate in concussion study
- Todd Graham, Arizona State Sun Devils are ready to go
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.