Updated Jul 7, 2014 - 8:38 am
ASU's Jamil Douglas lands on Fox Sports' list of 2014 'freaks'
Feldman released his 2014 list, complete with 20 names, and there's one Arizona State Sun Devil on it.
Offensive tackle Jamil Douglas, a redshirt senior from Cypress, Calif., comes in at number 16.
A former high school tight end, who weighed 260 pounds as a freshman four years ago, Douglas has blossomed into a standout for the Sun Devils and will become a three-year starter this fall. Now, at 6-4 and 301 pounds, he power cleans 385 pounds, squats 565 and has a body fat measurement in the teens, according to ASU coaches.
Douglas was a Second Team All-Pac-12 selection following the 2013 season when he helped the Sun Devils to a 10-4 record and a Pac-12 South title. He's been named as a preseason First Team All-Pac-12 member by Lindy's Sports Annuals and Sporting News and Second Team by Athlon Sports and Phil Steele.
Douglas, who has started 27 consecutive games for the Devils, is one of only two Pac-12 players on Feldman's list. Oregon freshman wide receiver Devon Allen, the NCAA champion in the 110-meter hurdles and a Brophy Prep graduate, was the other.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.