Updated Jul 7, 2014 - 10:00 am
Three Sun Devils on Maxwell Award Watch List
Monday, the Maxwell Award Watch List for 2014 was released and there are three Arizona State Sun Devils listed among the 76 names.
Senior quarterback Taylor Kelly, junior running back D.J. Foster and junior wide receiver Jaelen Strong all received mention from the Maxwell Club.
Kelly is going into his third year as the starting quarterback for the Sun Devils. In the last two years, the Eagle, Idaho native has completed 64.4 percent (543-of-843) of his passes for 6,674 yards and 57 touchdowns. With Kelly at the controls, ASU has piled up an 18-9 record.
The multi-faceted Foster amassed 1,154 yards from scrimmage in 2013 and found the end zone 10 times. He looks to have an even bigger role in Arizona State's offense in 2014 with the departure of running back Marion Grice.
Strong made a huge impression in his first year in Tempe. The transfer from Pierce College caught 75 passes for 1,122 yards and seven touchdowns while earning Second Team All-Pac-12 honors.
Arizona State is one of only six schools with three players on the list, joining Alabama, Baylor, Florida State, Oregon and USC.
Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron won the award in 2013.
- High Octane Hour with Arizona State's Graham begins next week
- ASU unveils new uniforms; is it still cutting-edge when everybody's doing it?
- ASU linebacker Marcus Washington: 'I just love hitting people'
- Arizona State Sun Devils unveil alternate football uniform
- ASU Sun Devils ranked No. 19 in AP preseason poll
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!