Academy of Country Music will salute troops
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Academy of Country Music will pay tribute to members of the armed forces with its annual television special.
Merle Haggard, George Strait and Carrie Underwood are among the first performers to sign on to "ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to the Troops." The two-hour special will air May 20 on CBS.
Each year, the academy tapes a special a different theme on the day after its awards show, which will be held April 6 in Las Vegas. Past shows have focused on Strait and honored the women of country music.
Ticket sales for this year's show at the MGM Grand will be donated to the academy's charitable foundation ACM Lifting Lives. Other early performers announced include Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry and Florida Georgia Line.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.