Academy of Country Music will salute troops
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Academy of Country Music will pay tribute to members of the armed forces with its annual television special.
Merle Haggard, George Strait and Carrie Underwood are among the first performers to sign on to "ACM Presents: An All-Star Salute to the Troops." The two-hour special will air May 20 on CBS.
Each year, the academy tapes a special a different theme on the day after its awards show, which will be held April 6 in Las Vegas. Past shows have focused on Strait and honored the women of country music.
Ticket sales for this year's show at the MGM Grand will be donated to the academy's charitable foundation ACM Lifting Lives. Other early performers announced include Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry and Florida Georgia Line.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.