Daft Punk, Willie Nelson to perform at Grammys
NEW YORK (AP) - Willie Nelson and Daft Punk will hit the stage at the Grammy Awards next month.
The Recording Academy announced Thursday that Nelson will perform alongside Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard and Blake Shelton at the Jan. 26 awards show.
Rapper Kendrick Lamar, who is up for seven awards, will also perform. Other performers include two-time nominees Imagine Dragons and Pink, who will sing with Nate Ruess of fun.
Daft Punk is up for five trophies, including album of the year. The electronic group will compete with albums from Lamar, Taylor Swift, Sara Bareilles and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
Jay Z leads the 56th annual Grammy Awards with nine nominations. LL Cool J will host the show, which will air live on CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.