Daft Punk, Willie Nelson to perform at Grammys
NEW YORK (AP) - Willie Nelson and Daft Punk will hit the stage at the Grammy Awards next month.
The Recording Academy announced Thursday that Nelson will perform alongside Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard and Blake Shelton at the Jan. 26 awards show.
Rapper Kendrick Lamar, who is up for seven awards, will also perform. Other performers include two-time nominees Imagine Dragons and Pink, who will sing with Nate Ruess of fun.
Daft Punk is up for five trophies, including album of the year. The electronic group will compete with albums from Lamar, Taylor Swift, Sara Bareilles and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
Jay Z leads the 56th annual Grammy Awards with nine nominations. LL Cool J will host the show, which will air live on CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.