Taylor Swift to receive CMA's Pinnacle Award
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Country Music Association Awards aren't until Wednesday, but Taylor Swift is already a winner.
The CMA will present Swift with its Pinnacle Award, given to an artist who has achieved worldwide success and recognition that's unique to country music.
Garth Brooks is the only other performer to win the award. It was created in 2005.
Swift is the top nominee at Wednesday's awards, airing live at 8 p.m. Eastern on ABC from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. She's got six nominations along with Kacey Musgraves, and is going for a third win of top honor entertainer of the year.
Swift will perform on the awards show with Alison Krauss, Vince Gill, Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer and Eric Darken.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.