Taylor Swift to receive CMA's Pinnacle Award
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Country Music Association Awards aren't until Wednesday, but Taylor Swift is already a winner.
The CMA will present Swift with its Pinnacle Award, given to an artist who has achieved worldwide success and recognition that's unique to country music.
Garth Brooks is the only other performer to win the award. It was created in 2005.
Swift is the top nominee at Wednesday's awards, airing live at 8 p.m. Eastern on ABC from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. She's got six nominations along with Kacey Musgraves, and is going for a third win of top honor entertainer of the year.
Swift will perform on the awards show with Alison Krauss, Vince Gill, Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer and Eric Darken.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.