Taylor Swift to receive CMA's Pinnacle Award
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Country Music Association Awards aren't until Wednesday, but Taylor Swift is already a winner.
The CMA will present Swift with its Pinnacle Award, given to an artist who has achieved worldwide success and recognition that's unique to country music.
Garth Brooks is the only other performer to win the award. It was created in 2005.
Swift is the top nominee at Wednesday's awards, airing live at 8 p.m. Eastern on ABC from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. She's got six nominations along with Kacey Musgraves, and is going for a third win of top honor entertainer of the year.
Swift will perform on the awards show with Alison Krauss, Vince Gill, Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer and Eric Darken.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.