Taylor Swift to receive CMA's Pinnacle Award
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - The Country Music Association Awards aren't until Wednesday, but Taylor Swift is already a winner.
The CMA will present Swift with its Pinnacle Award, given to an artist who has achieved worldwide success and recognition that's unique to country music.
Garth Brooks is the only other performer to win the award. It was created in 2005.
Swift is the top nominee at Wednesday's awards, airing live at 8 p.m. Eastern on ABC from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. She's got six nominations along with Kacey Musgraves, and is going for a third win of top honor entertainer of the year.
Swift will perform on the awards show with Alison Krauss, Vince Gill, Sam Bush, Edgar Meyer and Eric Darken.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?