Aretha: Side effects 'were rough,' glad to work
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (AP) - Aretha Franklin says "the side effects were rough" from her treatment for an undisclosed condition.
The 71-year-old singer sat at a piano Wednesday inside a Westin hotel in the Detroit suburb of Southfield. She sang Etta James' "At Last" and told reporters she's "glad to be back in it"- a reference to her music.
The Detroit News ( http://bit.ly/18mUgFb) reports she's starting on a new album with producers Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds and Don Was.
Franklin says she and Edmonds were supposed to team up in July, but couldn't because of her medical treatments. She says it was music executive Clive Davis who suggested she collaborate with Was, known for his work with the Rolling Stones, Bonnie Raitt and Willie Nelson.
Franklin canceled several concerts earlier this year for health reasons.
Information from: The Detroit News, http://detnews.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.