Country star Randy Travis discharged from hospital
PLANO, Texas (AP) - Country music star Randy Travis is out of the hospital three weeks after he was admitted with congestive heart failure and later suffered a stroke.
A statement Wednesday says Travis has been discharged from The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano near Dallas, where he'd been admitted July 7.
The statement from publicist Kirt Webster goes on to say Travis has been moved to a physical therapy center for further treatment for a stroke he suffered July 10.
The 54-year-old singer developed the heart failure due to a viral illness. The stroke prompted surgeons to operate to relieve pressure on his brain.
Travis' fiancee Mary Davis gave thanks for the prayers and support the singer received from fans and friends for his recovery.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.