Country star Randy Travis discharged from hospital
PLANO, Texas (AP) - Country music star Randy Travis is out of the hospital three weeks after he was admitted with congestive heart failure and later suffered a stroke.
A statement Wednesday says Travis has been discharged from The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano near Dallas, where he'd been admitted July 7.
The statement from publicist Kirt Webster goes on to say Travis has been moved to a physical therapy center for further treatment for a stroke he suffered July 10.
The 54-year-old singer developed the heart failure due to a viral illness. The stroke prompted surgeons to operate to relieve pressure on his brain.
Travis' fiancee Mary Davis gave thanks for the prayers and support the singer received from fans and friends for his recovery.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.