Arcade Fire leads Woodie Awards nominees with 3
NEW YORK (AP) - Arcade Fire is the top nominee for the 2014 mtvU Woodie Awards.
The Montreal-based band has three nominations for the March 13 awards show celebrating music embraced by college students, while Pharrell, Jay Z, Imagine Dragons, Chance the Rapper and Disclosure pulled down two apiece.
The 10th annual Woodies will be recorded during South By Southwest and aired March 16. Fans can vote in categories such as Did It My Way Woodie for innovation and Breaking Woodie for best new artist at the awards show's website.
Drake, Pharrell, Lorde, Imagine Dragons, Zedd and Disclosure are up for top honor Woodie of the year. Other nominees include Beyonce, Bob Dylan, Kendrick Lamar, Daft Punk, Tyler, the Creator, and Avicci.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.