Alternate jurors selected in Michael Jackson case
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Six alternate jurors have been selected for a civil trial over Michael Jackson's death, setting the stage for opening statements next week.
The entire panel was sent home after the alternates were chosen on Tuesday.
The four men and two women alternates were selected after attorneys for Jackson's mother and concert giant AEG Live questioned them for several hours.
On Monday, the jury of six men and six women was chosen.
Jackson's mother filed the wrongful death suit against AEG, claiming it was responsible for hiring the doctor convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the singer's June 2009 death.
The case may last for more than three months.
Dozens of people who weren't chosen to hear the case cheered after being dismissed.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.