Rapper Jim Jones arrested in NJ
FAIR LAWN, N.J. (AP) - Rapper Jim Jones has been arrested after allegedly becoming belligerent with police in the New Jersey town where he lives.
NorthJersey.com reports ( http://bit.ly/Z0nZxm) Jones was charged Wednesday in Fair Lawn with disorderly conduct and hindering apprehension.
It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
Police say they were questioning Jones about a ticketed vehicle they were trying to tow. Jones agreed to pay the fee but allegedly became upset when questioned about prior warrants for failing to shovel a sidewalk and failing to yield to an emergency vehicle.
He posted bail on the warrants and has a Feb. 27 court date.
The 37-year-old hip-hop artist is one of the Diplomats, a New York-based rap crew. His rap "We Fly High" was one of 2007's top-selling tracks.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.