Rapper Jim Jones arrested in NJ
FAIR LAWN, N.J. (AP) - Rapper Jim Jones has been arrested after allegedly becoming belligerent with police in the New Jersey town where he lives.
NorthJersey.com reports ( http://bit.ly/Z0nZxm) Jones was charged Wednesday in Fair Lawn with disorderly conduct and hindering apprehension.
It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
Police say they were questioning Jones about a ticketed vehicle they were trying to tow. Jones agreed to pay the fee but allegedly became upset when questioned about prior warrants for failing to shovel a sidewalk and failing to yield to an emergency vehicle.
He posted bail on the warrants and has a Feb. 27 court date.
The 37-year-old hip-hop artist is one of the Diplomats, a New York-based rap crew. His rap "We Fly High" was one of 2007's top-selling tracks.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.