Rapper Jim Jones arrested in NJ
FAIR LAWN, N.J. (AP) - Rapper Jim Jones has been arrested after allegedly becoming belligerent with police in the New Jersey town where he lives.
NorthJersey.com reports ( http://bit.ly/Z0nZxm) Jones was charged Wednesday in Fair Lawn with disorderly conduct and hindering apprehension.
It's not clear if he has a lawyer.
Police say they were questioning Jones about a ticketed vehicle they were trying to tow. Jones agreed to pay the fee but allegedly became upset when questioned about prior warrants for failing to shovel a sidewalk and failing to yield to an emergency vehicle.
He posted bail on the warrants and has a Feb. 27 court date.
The 37-year-old hip-hop artist is one of the Diplomats, a New York-based rap crew. His rap "We Fly High" was one of 2007's top-selling tracks.
Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, N.J.), http://www.northjersey.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?