Black Keys sue casino owner over commercial song
NEW YORK (AP) - The Black Keys are remaining vigilant when it comes to sound-a-like songs.
The Nashville duo is suing Pinnacle Entertainment in New York federal court. Drummer Patrick Carney and singer-guitarist Dan Auerbach say the casino owner commissioned a song that sounds like their hit "Howlin' For You" for a commercial advertising two of its Louisiana properties. They are asking a judge for an injunction and compensation.
"The experts confirmed that this was copyright infringement," the band said in a statement Wednesday to The Associated Press.
The Keys recently settled lawsuits against Pizza Hut and Home Depot over similar charges of copying the songs "Lonely Boy" and "Gold on the Ceiling." Terms of those settlements were not released.
The Keys are up for five trophies at next month's Grammy Awards and Auerbach also has been nominated for producer of the year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.