Black Keys sue casino owner over commercial song
NEW YORK (AP) - The Black Keys are remaining vigilant when it comes to sound-a-like songs.
The Nashville duo is suing Pinnacle Entertainment in New York federal court. Drummer Patrick Carney and singer-guitarist Dan Auerbach say the casino owner commissioned a song that sounds like their hit "Howlin' For You" for a commercial advertising two of its Louisiana properties. They are asking a judge for an injunction and compensation.
"The experts confirmed that this was copyright infringement," the band said in a statement Wednesday to The Associated Press.
The Keys recently settled lawsuits against Pizza Hut and Home Depot over similar charges of copying the songs "Lonely Boy" and "Gold on the Ceiling." Terms of those settlements were not released.
The Keys are up for five trophies at next month's Grammy Awards and Auerbach also has been nominated for producer of the year.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.