George Michael to release new album, 'Symphonica'
LONDON (AP) - After a spell of making headlines for mishaps rather than music, George Michael is coming back with a new album.
Michael announced Monday that his sixth solo album, "Symphonica," is due for release March 17.
It includes his own songs as well as covers including Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares for Me." It was produced by Michael and Phil Ramone, who died in March.
Michael recorded the album during a 2011-2012 tour that was interrupted when he contracted life-threatening pneumonia.
The former Wham! singer was hospitalized again last year after falling from a car on a highway near London.
He was imprisoned for eight weeks in 2010 for possessing marijuana and driving under the influence of drugs after he crashed his Range Rover into a photo shop.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.