George Michael to release new album, 'Symphonica'
LONDON (AP) - After a spell of making headlines for mishaps rather than music, George Michael is coming back with a new album.
Michael announced Monday that his sixth solo album, "Symphonica," is due for release March 17.
It includes his own songs as well as covers including Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares for Me." It was produced by Michael and Phil Ramone, who died in March.
Michael recorded the album during a 2011-2012 tour that was interrupted when he contracted life-threatening pneumonia.
The former Wham! singer was hospitalized again last year after falling from a car on a highway near London.
He was imprisoned for eight weeks in 2010 for possessing marijuana and driving under the influence of drugs after he crashed his Range Rover into a photo shop.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.