George Michael to release new album, 'Symphonica'
LONDON (AP) - After a spell of making headlines for mishaps rather than music, George Michael is coming back with a new album.
Michael announced Monday that his sixth solo album, "Symphonica," is due for release March 17.
It includes his own songs as well as covers including Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares for Me." It was produced by Michael and Phil Ramone, who died in March.
Michael recorded the album during a 2011-2012 tour that was interrupted when he contracted life-threatening pneumonia.
The former Wham! singer was hospitalized again last year after falling from a car on a highway near London.
He was imprisoned for eight weeks in 2010 for possessing marijuana and driving under the influence of drugs after he crashed his Range Rover into a photo shop.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.