Bobby Brown released from jail for DUI conviction
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Bobby Brown has been released from jail after serving less than a day of his 55-day jail sentence for a driving under the influence conviction.
A sheriff's spokesman said the 44-year-old R&B singer was released after eight hours and outfitted with an electronic ankle monitor Thursday because of jail overcrowding and good behavior.
A spokeswoman for Brown said he is at home with his family.
Brown pleaded no contest to DUI and driving on a suspended license in February and turned himself in Wednesday. He will be required to serve four years on informal probation and complete an 18-month alcohol treatment program.
The conviction is Brown's second for DUI in less than a year. He avoided jail after pleading no contest to a March 2012 drunken driving case.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.