Updated Apr 2, 2012 - 9:41 am
Cardinals to take a look at AZ college players
According to ProFootballTalk, several players have scheduled either private workouts and/or visits to the Cardinals facility leading up to the draft. Two of them are local products: ASU cornerback Omar Bolden and Arizona wide receiver Juron Criner.
Bolden, who missed the entire 2011 season due to a knee injury, is currently projected as a third round selection. The 5-foot-10, 202-pounder possesses the physical presence that defensive coordinator Ray Horton covets. Bolden also offers value as a kick returner, after enjoying success at ASU in that capacity. Bolden averaged 30.8 yards on 17 kick returns during his Sun Devil career. The Cardinals may have interest, if Bolden falls a little further down the draft board.
Criner, a wide receiver who hails from the University of Arizona, has emerged as a threat in the red zone. The 6'3", 224-pound senior caught 75 passes for 956 yards during his senior season in Tucson and set a new standard for career touchdown catches by a Wildcat with 32. Criner doesn't have the best wheels, but his size and blocking skills have him projecting to be taken in the third or fourth rounds.
While the Cardinals have a certain affinity for players from Arizona universities, they have also scheduled workouts with Old Dominion defensive tackle Ronnie Cameron, Virginia defensive end Matt Conrath, Bethune- Cookman linebacker Ryan Davis, Virginia Tech cornerback Jayron Hosley and Illinois safety Tavon Wilson.
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.