Updated Apr 2, 2012 - 9:41 am
Cardinals to take a look at AZ college players
According to ProFootballTalk, several players have scheduled either private workouts and/or visits to the Cardinals facility leading up to the draft. Two of them are local products: ASU cornerback Omar Bolden and Arizona wide receiver Juron Criner.
Bolden, who missed the entire 2011 season due to a knee injury, is currently projected as a third round selection. The 5-foot-10, 202-pounder possesses the physical presence that defensive coordinator Ray Horton covets. Bolden also offers value as a kick returner, after enjoying success at ASU in that capacity. Bolden averaged 30.8 yards on 17 kick returns during his Sun Devil career. The Cardinals may have interest, if Bolden falls a little further down the draft board.
Criner, a wide receiver who hails from the University of Arizona, has emerged as a threat in the red zone. The 6'3", 224-pound senior caught 75 passes for 956 yards during his senior season in Tucson and set a new standard for career touchdown catches by a Wildcat with 32. Criner doesn't have the best wheels, but his size and blocking skills have him projecting to be taken in the third or fourth rounds.
While the Cardinals have a certain affinity for players from Arizona universities, they have also scheduled workouts with Old Dominion defensive tackle Ronnie Cameron, Virginia defensive end Matt Conrath, Bethune- Cookman linebacker Ryan Davis, Virginia Tech cornerback Jayron Hosley and Illinois safety Tavon Wilson.
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.