Cardinals to take a look at AZ college players
According to ProFootballTalk, several players have scheduled either private workouts and/or visits to the Cardinals facility leading up to the draft. Two of them are local products: ASU cornerback Omar Bolden and Arizona wide receiver Juron Criner.
Bolden, who missed the entire 2011 season due to a knee injury, is currently projected as a third round selection. The 5-foot-10, 202-pounder possesses the physical presence that defensive coordinator Ray Horton covets. Bolden also offers value as a kick returner, after enjoying success at ASU in that capacity. Bolden averaged 30.8 yards on 17 kick returns during his Sun Devil career. The Cardinals may have interest, if Bolden falls a little further down the draft board.
Criner, a wide receiver who hails from the University of Arizona, has emerged as a threat in the red zone. The 6'3", 224-pound senior caught 75 passes for 956 yards during his senior season in Tucson and set a new standard for career touchdown catches by a Wildcat with 32. Criner doesn't have the best wheels, but his size and blocking skills have him projecting to be taken in the third or fourth rounds.
While the Cardinals have a certain affinity for players from Arizona universities, they have also scheduled workouts with Old Dominion defensive tackle Ronnie Cameron, Virginia defensive end Matt Conrath, Bethune- Cookman linebacker Ryan Davis, Virginia Tech cornerback Jayron Hosley and Illinois safety Tavon Wilson.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a