Chili Peppers, Neil Young to perform for charity
SILVERLAKE, Calif. (AP) - Neil Young will perform at a benefit for the Silverlake Conservatory of Music that Red Hot Chili Peppers' Flea and Anthony Kiedis will host.
The organization announced Friday that the event will take place Oct. 30 in Silverlake, Calif. Red Hot Chili Peppers will also perform.
Flea founded the Silverlake Conservatory of Music in 2001. It facilitates music education and offers music lessons and scholarships.
The RHCP bassist says in a statement that he's "grateful" for all the help given to the organization. He adds that Young performing at the event "is the greatest blessing."
A silent auction will take place and will feature donations from Marc Jacobs, Tony Hawk, Pearl Jam, Gucci and others, and artwork donated by the likes of Gus Van Sant, Shepard Fairey and Justin Bua.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.