Seven Wildcats earn preseason Pac-12 team honors
Longtime college football expert Phil Steele released his preseason All-Pac-12 Team, and seven Wildcats can be found on the list.
Four Wildcats made their respective second teams, with center Kyle Quinn earning the honor on offense with defensive tackle Justin Washington, linebacker Brian Wagner and safety Marquis Flowers getting the nod on defense.
Washington tallied 18 tackles in nine games for the Wildcats last season, while Flowers recorded 68 tackles and Wagner, who comes to Tucson from Akron, registered 147 tackles as a junior, most in the Mid-American Conference.
Quarterback Matt Scott and cornerback Shaquille Richardson both made the third team, and the Wildcats will need big seasons out of both if they are to make any noise in 2012.
Scott, who redshirted in 2011, comes into the season with some experience, having started five games in his collegiate career. He started two games in 2010 -- both wins -- and threw for 776 yards and four touchdowns.
Richardson, a junior, started 10 games in 2011 and picked off four passes and Buckner, a receiver, caught 42 passes for 606 yards and two touchdowns in his first season with the Wildcats last year.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a