Arizona Wildcats lose starting linebacker Wagner
It appears Arizona Wildcats linebacker Brian Wagner felt the same way.
Wagner, who transferred to Arizona from Akron, has left the team.
According to Anthony Gimino's Wildcat Report, Wagner said he's walking away for personal reasons.
"I just don't have love for the game anymore," he said.
Wagner added he was thinking about walking away for a while, and his departure is a big blow to a Wildcats team that has struggled to stop people in the past.
The 6-foot, 230 pound linebacker made a nation-best 147 tackles in 11 games for Akron last season, and was expected to play a key role in the team's new 3-3-5 defense.
But alas, it appears he is no longer interested in playing football, with the Wildcats or any team, leaving Rich Rodriguez's squad with very little depth at the linebacker position.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a