List: Paul McCartney still UK's richest musician
LONDON (AP) - Let it be- as in billionaire.
Paul McCartney remains Britain's wealthiest musician, according to the Sunday Times Rich List.
The newspaper estimated Thursday that the ex-Beatle shares a 680 million-pound ($1.05 billion) fortune with his third wife, Nancy Shevell, whose family owns a U.S. trucking company.
McCartney has topped the musicians' list every year since it was first compiled in 1989.
Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber is ranked second, with an estimated 620 million-pound fortune.
Adele topped a parallel list for musicians under 30. She is judged to be worth 30 million pounds.
The full ranking of musicians will be published Sunday.
The overall Rich List- a widely respected measure that draws on public records of property, shares and other assets- will be released April 21.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.