List: Paul McCartney still UK's richest musician
LONDON (AP) - Let it be- as in billionaire.
Paul McCartney remains Britain's wealthiest musician, according to the Sunday Times Rich List.
The newspaper estimated Thursday that the ex-Beatle shares a 680 million-pound ($1.05 billion) fortune with his third wife, Nancy Shevell, whose family owns a U.S. trucking company.
McCartney has topped the musicians' list every year since it was first compiled in 1989.
Composer Andrew Lloyd Webber is ranked second, with an estimated 620 million-pound fortune.
Adele topped a parallel list for musicians under 30. She is judged to be worth 30 million pounds.
The full ranking of musicians will be published Sunday.
The overall Rich List- a widely respected measure that draws on public records of property, shares and other assets- will be released April 21.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.