Rhapsody to offer digital liner notes
NEW YORK (AP) - Subscription music service Rhapsody has signed on to assist The Recording Academy's push for the availability of digital liner notes.
Last year the Academy launched the "Give Fans the Credit" campaign that is designed to give music listeners more information on the people behind the creation of a song, aside from the song's main performer. The Academy announced Tuesday that Rhapsody will begin to offer information on the songwriters, producers, engineers and background performers behind songs sometime this year.
Recording Academy CEO Neil Portnow said in a statement that since launching the initiative, "We've seen an outpouring of support from music makers and music lovers alike."
T Bone Burnett, music producers RedOne and Don Was, Jimmy Jam, Sheila E and songwriter Lamont Dozier are the "honorary ambassadors" pushing The Academy's initiative.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.