Arizona's Rodriguez anxious to get season started
While many would view the Rockets, who come from the Mid-American Conference and lost to Arizona 41-2 in 2010, as little threat to pull off an upset, that really could not be further from the truth.
"Nine-win team and predicted I think to win their division in the MAC," Rodriguez said at his weekly press conference Monday.
As it is, the Wildcats are in no position to overlook anyone. Coming off a four-win season and trying to learn both a new offense and new defense, they are as much of a question mark as any team in the Pac-12.
As such, the 'Cats open the season with more excitement than expectations, as most are predicting them to finish near the bottom of the Pac-12 South in what his undoubtedly a rebuilding year.
"I think we have some talent, I don't think we're just going to show up and beat anybody on our schedule," Rodriguez said.
The former Michigan coach did say he has a hungry group of players who are all excited to hit someone wearing a different color jersey.
"I'm anxious to see what we have," Rodriguez said. "I think the guys have worked hard.
"The first year is always the toughest because you're teaching new schemes and new techniques and some other stuff."
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a