1D's Liam Payne sorry for high-rise ledge photo
LONDON (AP) - One Direction member Liam Payne says he is sorry for being "stupid and irresponsible" after he was photographed standing on a building ledge 34 stories above the ground.
A photo published Wednesday in British tabloid the Sun shows the boy-band singer standing on the ledge of a high-rise with a city that appears to be London behind him.
The 20-year-old said in a statement that "I regret being there and having a photo taken. It was a stupid and irresponsible thing to do."
He urged fans not to imitate his "extremely dangerous" behavior.
The band emerged from Simon Cowell's British TV series "The X Factor" in 2010 and became one of the world's top-selling groups, with three albums topping U.S. music charts.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.