LA judge grants Jermaine Jackson name change
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Jermaine Jackson has a new, brighter surname- Jacksun.
A Los Angeles judge approved the change to singer's name Friday.
The 58-year-old, who shared lead singing duties with his younger brother Michael in the Jackson 5, did not appear in court.
He sought the name change for "artistic reasons" and says it has nothing to do with a recent rift in his family over the care of Michael Jackson's children and family matriarch Katherine Jackson.
His attorney Bret D. Lewis says Jacksun is in Europe performing with his brothers and told him that he was sure it was "a sunny day in California."
Lewis says he doesn't know whether Jacksun will elaborate on the creative reasons for the change.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.