Updated Nov 10, 2012 - 4:05 pm
Cat Tracks: Carey's career-day paces Wildcats to big win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a football game. So, we give you 'Cat Tracks', providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from Arizona's November 10 win against Colorado. Final score: Arizona 56, Colorado 31.
Ka'Deem Carey's Pac-12 record 366 yards and five touchdowns helped Rich Rodriguez's squad erase the painful memories of their recent 66-10 loss to UCLA.
Carey broke the conference record previously set by WSU's Rueben Mays in October 1984.
Juco transfer B.J. Denker also filled in admirably for Matt Scott, completing 12-of-14 passes for 136 yards and two touchdowns.
The Cats defense still has room for improvement with just two games to go.
While 14 of the 31 points they allowed to the Buffaloes came when the game was out of reach in the fourth quarter, CU had just 20 combined points in their previous three contests.
Nick Hirschman looked pretty comfortable in his first start of the season for Colorado. He complete every pass he threw but one, which was an interception.
Carey's five touchdowns -- also a conference record -- Saturday are somewhat of a surprise, given the fact he had six over his previous four contests.
Coming Up Next:
The Wildcats head out on the road to face Utah next Saturday, November 17. The time has yet to be determined.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.