Updated Nov 26, 2012 - 3:39 pm
Ka'Deem Carey named First Team All-Pac-12
Carey, who has tallied 1,757 rushing yards on the season, is averaging 6.4 yards per attempt. He's scored 20 touchdowns on the ground along with another one via the air.
Carey is the first Arizona running back since Clarence Farmer in 2001 to be named to the First Team, and he did so in a season where he broke Trung Candidate's single-season school rushing record of 1,602 yards.
He also broke the Pac-12 and UA single-game rushing records with a 366-yard performance against Colorado on November 10.
Carey topped the 100-yard mark in nine of 12 games, and scored at least one rushing touchdown in all but one contest.
While Carey was named to the First Team, Arizona quarterback Matt Scott and receiver Austin Hill each earned second-team honors.
Scott, a senior, passed for 3,238 yards and 24 touchdowns while also rushing for 485 yards and five touchdowns. He ranked second in the Pac-12 in total passing yards, and threw multiple touchdown passes in eight of the 10 games he played in.
Hill, a sophomore, ranks second in the Pac-12 and ninth nationally in total receiving yards with 1,189 on 73 receptions. He caught nine touchdown passes.
Arizona receiver Dan Buckner, linebacker Jake Fischer, center Kyle Quinn and safety Jared Tevis were named Pac-12 Honorable Mention.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.