Updated Dec 2, 2012 - 4:30 pm
Report: UA lands former USC quarterback Scroggins
While junior college transfer B.J. Denker filled in admirably for the Wildcats in his lone start against Colorado on November 10 -- 12-of-14 passing for 136 yards and two touchdowns -- Rodriguez may have found someone who is familiar with the Pac-12 conference and who will push the junior when the team opens camp in the spring.
Twist to the 2013 QB battle. Word getting around ex-USC QB Jesse Scroggins (a JC transfer) has committed to Arizona. h/t @jasonscheer— Anthony Gimino (@AGWildcatReport) December 2, 2012
Scroggins, who was ranked as the No. 2 quarterback in the Class of 2010 by ESPN.com, struggled to get on to the field during his brief time at USC.
Despite coming in as a highly-touted mobile quarterback (ran the 40-yard dash in 4.8 seconds) out of Lakewood High School, Scroggins redshirted in 2010 and saw little time (took one snap against Washington) backing up Matt Barkley in 2011.
After missing the final six games of the 2011 season due to injury, Scroggins decided to transfer to El Camino College last June.
At El Camino, he threw for 1,148 yards and eight touchdowns in eight games.
If Scroggins suits up for the Wildcats this spring, he will have two remaining years of eligibility.
- Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey files paperwork to NFL Draft advisory board
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona accepts invitation to play Boston College in the 2013 AdvoCare V100 Bowl
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.