Report: Auburn interested in Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez
Auburn, which recently fired head coach Gene Chizik, is interested in Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez, according to CBS NCAA Football insider Bruce Feldman,
Names I heard that Auburn had a lot of interest in as part of "A" group: Rich Rodriguez & Jim Mora.— Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) December 4, 2012
Rodriguez guided the Wildcats to a 7-5 mark in his first year in Tucson, and his team is currently preparing to face Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl.
His offense was ranked 17th in the country with an average of 37.3 points per game, though Arizona's defense allowed 34.3 per outing.
Rodriguez previously coached at Michigan and West Virginia before being hired by Arizona.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a