Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 2:39 pm
Report: Auburn interested in Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez
Auburn, which recently fired head coach Gene Chizik, is interested in Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez, according to CBS NCAA Football insider Bruce Feldman,
Names I heard that Auburn had a lot of interest in as part of "A" group: Rich Rodriguez & Jim Mora.— Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) December 4, 2012
Rodriguez guided the Wildcats to a 7-5 mark in his first year in Tucson, and his team is currently preparing to face Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl.
His offense was ranked 17th in the country with an average of 37.3 points per game, though Arizona's defense allowed 34.3 per outing.
Rodriguez previously coached at Michigan and West Virginia before being hired by Arizona.
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.