Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 2:39 pm
Report: Auburn interested in Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez
Auburn, which recently fired head coach Gene Chizik, is interested in Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez, according to CBS NCAA Football insider Bruce Feldman,
Names I heard that Auburn had a lot of interest in as part of "A" group: Rich Rodriguez & Jim Mora.— Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) December 4, 2012
Rodriguez guided the Wildcats to a 7-5 mark in his first year in Tucson, and his team is currently preparing to face Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl.
His offense was ranked 17th in the country with an average of 37.3 points per game, though Arizona's defense allowed 34.3 per outing.
Rodriguez previously coached at Michigan and West Virginia before being hired by Arizona.
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.