Updated Dec 6, 2012 - 1:16 pm
Ka'Deem Carey named Sporting News All-American
Carey ended a sensational year with 1,757 total rushing yards and 20 touchdowns to go along with a nation-leading 146.4 rushing yards per game.
The numbers vaulted Carey to the top of several Wildcat rushing marks, including total rushing in a single season, which was originally set by Trung Candidate who ran for 1,602 yards in 1999.
The sophomore running back also set the single-game Pac-12 rushing record with 366 yards in Arizona's win over Colorado. Carey followed it up with 204 rushing yards against Utah, making him the first Wildcat to record back-to-back 200-yard rushing games.
The Sporting News is one of five All-America teams officially recognized by the NCAA in determining their consensus All-Americans.
The other four are The Associated Press, The Football Writers Association of America, the Walter Camp Football Foundation and the American Football Coaches Association, which is the only one who has released their selected teams, but did not include Carey on its list of honorees. Instead, they elected to give Wisconsin's Montee Ball and Oregon's Kenjon Barner the nod.
Carey was also selected to CBSSports.com and Athlon All-American teams on Wednesday along with being named first-team All-Pac-12.
Carey and his Wildcats are scheduled to face the University of Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on December 15 at University Stadium in Albuquerque.
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.