Updated Dec 17, 2012 - 3:11 pm
Rich Rodriguez calls sideline fight 'embarrassing'
Punches were thrown by both junior defensive tackle Tevin Hood and freshman linebacker Cody Ippolito late in the first quarter.
Soon after both players were thrown out of the game. By Rodriguez.
"It's embarrassing," Rodriguez told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Monday. "When I saw it afterwards it was embarrassing, and as soon as we found out about it we sent the kids into the locker room and they went home with their parents."
"That's simply not going to happen," he said. "But it's out of character, certainly, for those guys, and we'll deal with them when we come back (from the winter break)."
What, exactly, will become of them?
"They're going to deal with Coach Rod after the break," Rodriguez said.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.