Updated Jan 6, 2013 - 3:26 pm
Dan Buckner, Matt Scott selected to play in East-West Game
This week, the duo was selected to play in the East-West Shrine Game. The game will be held January 19 in St. Petersburg, Fla., and UA fans can watch it live, as it will be televised by the NFL Network.
Scott, a second-team All-Pac-12 selection in 2012, hopes to be the second consecutive Wildcats quarterback to be taken in the NFL draft. Nick Foles was chosen in the third round of last April's draft by the Philadelphia Eagles and went on to make six starts during his rookie season.
Buckner, who had 61 catches for 733 receiving yards and five touchdowns in 2012, hopes to join former teammates Juron Criner and Tevin Wade in the NFL next season. In the 2012 draft, Criner was selected by the Oakland Raiders in the fifth round, and Wade was selected by the Cleveland Browns in the seventh round.
Heading into the Shrine Game, NFLDraftScout.com projects Scott to be taken in the fourth round and Buckner to go undrafted.
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.