Updated Jan 7, 2013 - 6:34 am
Report: Ka'Deem Carey issued protection order after December 23 incident
According to a report by KVOA-TV in Tucson, the incident resulted in Carey being an issued a protection order by a fellow student-athlete.
The order was reportedly served on January 2.
Sunday, head coach Rich Rodriguez and athletic director Greg Byrne issued the following statements regarding the incident:
Rodriguez: "I've spoken with Ka'Deem and am aware of the case. We take these matters very seriously and will support the authorities however we can. Once more specific information is available, we will act accordingly."
Byrne: "The University and Department of Athletics are fully aware of the situation. This is now a matter for the local authorities and we will fully cooperate and assist them as needed. At this point we will have no further comment."
In 2012, Carey led the nation with 1,929 rushing yards and recorded 23 touchdowns en route to consensus All-American honors.
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.