Report: Arizona's Ka'Deem Carey to face charges
A nation-best 1,929 rushing yards. Twenty-three rushing touchdowns. Heisman votes. A bowl game victory.
Carey's offseason, though, is an entirely different story.
Word leaked Sunday that an issue of protection was ordered against Carey.
Monday it has been reported by the Arizona Daily Star that charges will be filed against the 20-year-old.
According to the report, the charges come due to an incident involving Carey's pregnant ex-girlfriend.
Both Carey and the woman "showed injuries consistent with some type of physical altercation," Tucson police spokesman Sgt. Chris Widmer said.
Police took statements from both Carey and the woman and they were separated.
The case was passed on to domestic violence detectives who turned the case to Tucson City Court for review.
The City Prosecutor and detectives made a decision to file charges against Carey, Widmer said.
The specific charges will be released at the hearing, but also noted in the report is that in asking for the order of protection, the woman wrote that Carey entered a room looking for a lighter to smoke an illegal substance.
She wrote that she asked Carey to leave several times and he pushed and shoved his way into the room and knocked her to the floor and slammed her fingers in the door.
Not all of the information and details have been learned, and the point of any trial would be to determine what exactly happened. As of now, though, things do not currently look good for Arizona football's best player.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a