PSY's 'Gangnam Style' wins Korean top song award
KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) - Rapper PSY's worldwide smash "Gangnam Style" has been crowned song of the year by South Korea's music industry association.
The viral sensation that became an international chart-topper last year won the Digital Daesang honor at the 2013 Golden Disk Awards, considered South Korea's version of the Grammys.
PSY did not attend Wednesday night's awards ceremony at Malaysia's Sepang International Circuit.
"Gangnam Style" clinched the award that's determined largely by downloads and ringtone sales. The song edged out contenders by acts including Big Bang, G-Dragon and T-ara.
The two-day awards ceremony was held outside South Korea for a second year after 2012's appearance in Japan.
Boy band Super Junior captured top album honors Tuesday for its sixth studio release, "Sexy, Free & Single."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.